Monday, February 4, 2008

My First Post, an Introduction

If you've read the 'About Me' column then you already know about me and my program. Over the past 6 months, I've worked everyday to perfect this simulator. By week 12 I was able to start picking games straight up. I managed to get the spread/over/under feature working just in time for the playoffs.

It hadn't occurred to me to create a blog to document my progress until...this afternoon. I stumbled onto a blog here during my search for solid statistics showing the win percentages of 'experts', handicappers, and websites- some of which, as you know, charge hundreds of dollars for one week of picks. I was curious to see how the success of 'expert handicappers with 20 years of experience' compared to the success of 'some kid with with a computer'. I was ecstatic to see that not one entity came close to matching me.

Unfortunately, my lack of a blog has prevented me from sharing my prognostications with the public until now. Therefore, I shall present to you all of my results, along with all 'theoretical' bets* that may have been placed on those picks. This will demonstrate both the accuracy and efficacy of my program.

*The amount of each bet may seem weird- the size of each bet was determined using a formula which takes into account the probability of a win, the payout, and the bankroll, in order to maximize profit and minimize losses...duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment